Soundtrack4Life: the B-Sides

The Ruts - West One




If you could pick only one song by The Ruts out all their recorded output that you believe defines who they were, what would that song be? I can imagine that most people would be rushing to the side of either 'In A Rut' (their debut single) or the absolute classic that is 'Babylon's Burning'. Whilst I love those two songs they probably would not make it to my shortlist.

My shortlist would include: 'S.U.S', 'Savage Circle', 'Jah Wars', 'It Was Cold', 'Society' and 'West One (Shine On Me)' - only two of which were singles (and one a b-side). But the hands down winner would be 'West One'



With Rollins on vocals


Rollins said that this song was the best ever on the subject of loneliness and isolation and he's spot on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

Powered By Blogger